ecomhack 2015 - Personal Commerce
There was a time when someone walked into store, had a chat with the store-owner and asked him which products he would recommend. The store-owner, knowing this person for years, would pull the right thing out of a shelf and turn the visitor into a happy customer. If the store-owner knew his trade really well, he would even anticipate his customers’ wishes and actively suggest something they did not know they needed - yet.
In this sense, personalization has always been a core principle of retail. And in this digital day and age, technical developments such data analysis and specialized APIs can make individualization and proactive personalization even more effective and provide interesting opportunities to merchants. With mobile devices and wearables learning more about their customers’ tastes and preferences, they can build better and more targeted applications and get a headstart against their competition.
This weekend in Berlin is all about projects with an interesting approach to personalization and fresh ideas that make buying things more individual, more effective - and more fun.
- Get together in teams of up to 5 people and create amazing commerce hacks
- Forget manuals and documentation - code in lightspeed with API experts from Google, PayPal and others by your side
- Present your project in front of a jury of internationally renowned experts and win prizes worth more than 60.000 €
- Individuals or teams up to 5 people
- Expert e-commerce developers
- Experienced designers
- Creative idea generators
- Skilled shopping queens ;-)
An e-commerce application including the SPHERE.IO API and any other of the participating APIs.
How to enter
Register for the hackathon on our website ecomhack.io.
Head of Developer Relations / PayPal
Founder / Outfittery
Editor Exciting Commerce
Head of Architecture & Frameworks (REWE Systems)